The supervisor will direct and coordinate pick and pack activities to meet or exceed operating plan goals. The supervisor will ensure compliance with safety, accuracy and personnel policies.
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage and Pick and Pack Operations
- Provide daily / weekly balancing of skilled labor across the warehouse activities.
- Oversee team Coordinators and Material Handlers to achieve departmental and site performance objectives, including cost, service and quality.
- Communicate department goals to warehouse employees and provide resources and motivation to meet or exceed goals.
- Communicate issues to the leadership to ensure smooth operation and transfer of information.
- Interact with leadership and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting operations.
- Interact with internal functions and departments to pass important information along to department and key personnel.
Ensure key processes are successful
- Ensure timely delivery of picking and packing materials.
- Support research and reconciliation along with coordination of cycle counts.
Drive Safety Program
- Ensure consistent safety and process training of all material handlers. Provide documentation and tracking of all training in assigned areas.
- Conduct and document effective safety meetings at required intervals.
- Work with Environmental Health & Safety and Maintenance department to provide a safe work environment and optimization of the industrial moving equipment. Provide guidance to employees to do the same.
Develop People Skills and Capabilities
- Review and assess the skill set of each employee as it relates to the job requirements.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and assist in the management of individual development plans.
- Create and administer disciplinary action as necessary.
- Track employee attendance and timesheets according to Company's policy.
Drive Continuous Improvement
- Use continuous improvement methods to drive year-over-year improvements in cost, service and quality.
- Assist leadership with developing a culture of continuous improvement in warehouse team.
- Work with Coordinators, Material Handlers and other site and functional personnel to ensure continuous improvement objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate and oversee the planning of improvements to materials processes. Take a leading role in evaluating the results and communicate the results to relevant personnel.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- High degree on initiative and ownership and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced – at times stressful – environment.
- Ability to multi-task to manage daily responsibilities, multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to direct others within the process to meet or exceed department goals.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding in reading, writing and speaking English and Polish preferred.
- Project Management
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced changing environment.
- Possess skills to develop and implement new procedures and policies to simplify and improve operations.
System and Tools
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS word, excel, SAP experience helpful.
- Has some experience using computer based warehouse management system (EWM), use of SAP EWM a plus.
Education and experience
- Freight forwarding and logistics services clerk (preferred) or open to warehouse logistics
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in the field or a related area preferred.
- Experience with a recognized international company a plus
We look forward to receiving your application - whether by email or simply via LinkedIn.
Do you have any questions? Then contact the Talent Acquisition Expert for this position, we are always at your disposal.