We are currently seeking an improvement engineer for an exciting position in Neu Wulmstorf, Germany. Here is the information about the position:
- Identify and execute cost savings in logistics processes with significant annual savings and improvement in quality/speed to market
- Implement slotting criteria for new product launches and ongoing order fulfillment activities
- Analyze current processes, create process flow diagrams and value stream mapping to compare and/or quantify current performance, identify and quantify waste, and determine metrics to determine improvement activities.
- Execute technical projects, process adjustments, and projects of a cross-functional nature.
- Initiate, mentor, and promote team-based problem solving methodologies to resolve current issues negatively impacting operational metrics
- Support and train colleagues in conducting studies to stabilize, characterize and optimize key process parameters. Post implementation and application of statistical process control methods.
- Work closely with IT and other partners to define system/functional process improvements.
- Assist in reporting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs for operational management purposes.
- Develop business cases and project plans and monitor project progress and projects.
- Develop training plans and relevant documentation and conduct training independently of all levels.
- Conduct regular continuous improvement workshops and manage and prioritize identified projects.
- Responsibility in the implementation of projects with the goal of continuously improving processes
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, production engineering/manufacturing technology or similar departments.
- Master's degree in one of the above fields is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in the above mentioned field
- General knowledge of production and logistics processes is required.
- Very good knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
- SAP knowledge advantageous
- Solid knowledge of statistics
- Experience in project management and project management methodologies
- Able to read and interpret instructions, procedures, etc.
- Experience working with multicultural teams
- Experience in delivering presentations and training
- Team builder with high level of commitment and creative and logical thinking skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities and work without rigid organizational boundaries.
This is what awaits you:
- A fair salary
- 30 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours in a relaxed environment
- Subsidy for the HVV Proficard
- Various sports activities (swimming, badminton, yoga, etc.) and loan of sports and outdoor equipment
- Additional benefits such as employee discounts and team events
We look forward to receiving your application - whether by email or simply via LinkedIn.
Do you have any questions? Then contact the Talent Acquisition Expert for this position, we are always at your disposal.