“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of the branch TRANSCON department.
- Proactively monitor various shipment reports such as
o Shipments Per Desk (SPD)
o Revenue Per Desk (RPD)
o Expense Per Desk (EPD)
o Revenue Per Shipment (RPS)
o Revenue to Expense ratio
o Excel measurements
- Proactively monitor exception reports to ensure Expeditors is meeting key event milestones within the life of a shipment.
- Manage implementation and ensure compliance to “Standard Operating Procedures” for the client. Also, coordinate and manage SOP revisions and send updates to origins.
- Assist origin/destination operation teams, when needed, in providing operational knowledge, system demos and support on technical capabilities.
- Define TRANSCON and other opportunities within the current customer(s).
- Ensure that current and new business is set up and maintained in the most operationally efficient and productive manner.
- Have a fundamental understanding of Expeditors operational systems, including ETMS
- Build and maintaining strong relationships with service providers and customers.
- Own and manage the service provider program within the department, ensuring consistent and high level operational quality to our customers.
- Evaluate service providers at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvements with corrective action plans where needed.
- Ensure that productivity and profitability goals for the TRANSCON department are met.
- Make sure billing process is completed and on-time
- Assist District Manager with preparation of annual department budget.
- Meet monthly with District Manager to review department financial P&L and productivity results and goals.
- Attend Accounts Receivable meetings and proactively work to maintain accounts payment within 30 days.
- Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized effectively.
- Manage accounts payable to vendors (truckers etc.) utilizing BNP.
- Manage intercompany accounting discrepancies via AJAX report.
- Review Daily Branch Revenue report (Daily).
- Ensure any contracts, vendor, customer or other, are reviewed in accordance to company contract policies prior to being signed.
- Follow company capex procedure for the purchasing of any equipment for your staff or department.
- Utilize TOP 20 ACCOUNTS and CLIENT REVENUE reports to continually evaluate the development of you departmental client base and the revenue distribution amounts and % of top clients, and work towards goal of balanced customer base (no more than 10% revenue by one customer)
- Actively develop business for department through active involvement in sales and retention process and close coordination with sales department, as per company and branch’s objectives.
- Complete 5 Sales and/or Retention Calls per week and ensure they are documented in the Team Sell database.
- Ensure Customer Reviews and scorecards are completed with your regular customers.
- Pro-actively provide pricing alternatives, routing solutions and technical assistance to clients through internal sales both regional and global.
- Respond to requests for proposal, quotation or information timely and with market competitive pricing matching the scope of service required by the customer.
- Take an active role in the transition of new business/ updates to existing business.
- Maintained a good relationship with the customer at all levels (agents, management, and decision maker).
- Responsible for identifying and defining realistic service needs and measurements
- Responsible for maintaining the agreed upon scope of services
- Keep the clients abreast of the latest developments in market
- Responsible for advising the clients of new system enhancements, technology, and other value added services TRANSCON has launched.
- Responsible for retention and development of TRANSCON accounts.
- Develop department personnel. Show them a career, not just a job.
- Review and conduct staff appraisals timely, and at a minimum once per year per employee.
- Develop solid #2 to run operations and assists in retention.
- Ensure and assist supervisors and key staff with goal setting and monitoring.
- Conduct regular interviews with potential new personnel.
- Plan for and hold effective fortnightly department meetings with team.
- Review department goals and business plan periodically with staff to ensure by-in and accountability.
- Be responsible for the training and development of TRANSCON staff within the branch
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
- Ensure department is using all system tools to their greatest advantage based on your department size and organization. (e.g. using TRANSCON workflow, export and import database, and other system generated reports to manage by exception)
- Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements into your branch.
- Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
- Set the tone of this environment within your branch.
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humour, and Visionary.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
- 4 + years of industry specific qualification (country specific)
- Proven leadership attitude and background.
- Strong market and product knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program