“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
Organic Growth – Expeditors promotes from within. As a shining example, our CEO started as an entry level employee in our San Francisco office 31 years ago.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position:Ensures that all assigned work is completed timely and according to company standard.Handles all issues that may arise and seeks help from Team Leader or Supervisor when
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receipt and review of commercial documents.
Track Estimated Times of Arrival of goods.
Track and obtain manifests from outside Forwarders.
Log data into CFIT.
Update required Event Codes.
Completes Credit Extensions as required and according to company standard.
Scan documents into Edoc ensuring that they are legible.
Index and label scanned documents correctly.
Notify Dispatch of delivery requirement.
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Good knowledge of customs brokerage process and system essential
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- RRSP Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program