If you are a dynamic and Italian speaking Sales Executive looking for the next step, this is the perfect opportunity! We are seeking a Trade Lane/Route Development professional who is seeking to combine a personal passion for culture and professional expertise in trade lane management!
We are the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. In this position, you will support the Global Forwarding division of DHL that manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain.
Trade Lane Manager Job Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining a regional share of business for International clients within the trade lane and in collaboration with all company sales channels.
- Lead and engage with all sales teams across the organization to sell trade lane specific and customized solutions for air and ocean freight to small, medium and multi-national companies.
- Plan and conduct joint sales calls in collaboration with all company sales channels, including face-to-face meetings with customers and developing a robust pipeline to meet budget and trade lane strategy.
- Analyze trade lane related market conditions to ensure pricing and service development including sharing competitive developments across the company marketing and sales organization.
- Gathering business intelligence from customers, extended sales teams and other sources to identify opportunities resulting in pipeline development and strategic action plans on identified High-Value-Targets
- Provide leadership and support to the extended sales team to maintain and grow book of business specific to the trade lane.
- Participate in the implementation of new customers by coordinating the integration of the overseas team members in the implementation process.
- Engage with sales owners of most significant opportunities in the pipeline, including supporting and participating in the RFQ process.
- Maintain and develop the Integrated Trade Lane Management strategy and conduct the required periodic conference calls with all pertinent stakeholders.
- Oversee sales revenue generation, profit and/or expense objectives.
- Develop trade lane sales plans and budgets for achieving trade lane sales goals within a defined set of targeted accounts
- Drives and executes all pricing related inquiries
Trade Lane Manager Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Broad understanding of trade lane specifics in the forwarding industry and deep knowledge of air freight, ocean freight, and logistic business models.
- 5+ experience in freight forwarding preferred
- Trade lane management or route development experience highly desired
- Ability to speak Italian fluently
- Forwarding Experience in Italy is a plus.
- Capability to deliver presentations and highly effective in conducting sales negotiations.
- Strong technical acumen (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM systems etc.)