Expeditors International, with a worldwide presence of over 13.000 logistics specialistsin more than 250 offices continue to expand. Our core services: Supply Chain Solutions, Transportation, Customs & Compliance, Distribution, Order and Risk Management. Our working conditions?
Streamlined structures, fast decision making processes, attractive and innovative workplaces, own training centers and great team spirit. We are looking for an Ocean Export Agent to join our Ocean team in Porto (OPO) office.
Scope of Position:
Ensure the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Ocean Import department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery best in class customer service to our customers at all times.
Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, pro-actively monitor
shipment in-transit and keep customer appraised with regards to arrival times, delays or transit issues and help to ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations at all times.
Ensure all communications are professional, timely and appropriately handled using the
best medium, for both internal and external correspondence.
- Ensure all documentation is supplied in a timely manner to customer and/or broker for
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated in the DLSOP.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
Track and trace shipments as required. To ensure pro-active customer communication.(eg. booking deliveries in advance or notifying customers of delays, etc..)
Work from the Ocean Import Customer Service & Delivery management Workflow
Each milestone should be up to date
Ensure timely delivery of freight to customers.
Ensure accurate and timely data entry into operating systems, as per the operating process
100% compliance with the use of PHD, UCE & OLA scripts
Before leaving each day a complete check of the workflow is complete and any exceptions are
dealt with before the day end.
Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures.
Service provider Management
Contribute to maintain strong relationships with our Service Providers and approve payment of
their invoices timely.
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer’s policies / requirements.
All communication pertinent to a consignment is printed to edoc. This includes but is not limited
to storage, delivery, customer communication, booking appointments, etc…
Record billing exceptions in CFIT. Communicate the exception to the billing clerk via email.Own the revenue on your consignments.
All charges associated to consignments are noted within a DLSOP and communicated to the
VAT/Duty invoices are processed and money collected prior to the declaration being
committed for customer.Customers with credit should have the VAT/Duty invoiced same day.
VAT/Duty invoice are sent to the customer the same day as processed.
Support with billing as required/requested.
Support with accounting queries as required/requested (BNP, Cass, Write offs,
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of international freight documentation process a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Fluent in English.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK
Excellent benefits package