“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Ocean Export Files and reporting
- Ensure documents are timely sent and arrival notices communicated to overseas and customers
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Ocean carriers, trucking companies and others involved).
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in the SOPs
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Overseas communications, timely responses to mails and requests (internal and external)
- Highly motivated, ambitious and driven
- Desire for a career in supply chain/logistics.
- Minimum six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of ocean shipment documentation process a plus
- Operations/Industry knowledge preferred but not required
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Proven analytical skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Fluent in Swedish and English