Expeditors is a leader in the international transportation industry and has opportunities for motivated team players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding place to work. Expeditors culture of organic growth and promotion from within, combined with a strong management team and unique compensation structure, continuously attracts the highest caliber employees.
By recruiting, motivating and retaining the best personnel in the business, we feel we will keep our leadership position in the marketplace. Our business is quality customer service and our people are what make that happen. We hire individuals based on attitude and train them for the skills it takes to make a successful career here. As part of their career development and overall job evaluation, our employees are required to take a minimum of 52 hours of training per year.
Scope of Position:
Ensure the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while complying with internal and external requirements and providing exceptional customer service within the Ocean Export department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Exceptional Customer service
- Communicate with international and domestic customers and offices
- Comply with customer requirements and procedures
- Prepare and process international documentation
- Comply with US and foreign regulations
- Update shipment information in the Expeditors system
- Track and trace international cargo
- Communicate timely status updates to customers
- Review documents for compliance
- Invoice customers accurately and timely, for services provided
- Work with the team to provide solutions to customers
Experience and Education:
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Desire for a career in supply chain or logistics
- Bilingual (fluent in both English and Spanish) a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus, but not required
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan:
Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.