“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service within the Ocean Export Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Track and Trace shipments.
- Prepare, handle, and process documentation- including house and master air waybills, commercial documents, and customs/regulatory documents.
- Accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
- Dispatch freight.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, other Expeditors offices worldwide, and co-workers through high volume of email, phone, instant message, and in person.
- Monitor reports.
- Accurate and timely client billing.
- Contribute to maintaining strong vendor relationships- airlines, trucking companies, and others.
- Maintain compliance standards at all times- including internal policies and procedures, external government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Meet key performance indicators to support department, branch, product, and company goals.
- Desire to understand overall department process flow and constantly seek opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however equivalent combination of education and experience will be
- Effective interpersonal skills-including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, and to communicate
clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are critical.
- Proficient computer skills-solid data entry with high accuracy rate, email, internet, Excel, Word,
- Desire for a career in supply chain/logistics.
- Ocean Export Lead Agent, Supervisor and Manager
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.