“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Manages distribution product for the branch. The distribution manager seeks new distribution services opportunities and cooperates with sales to turn new opportunities into profitable business. This position has the following major components but not limited to:
Budgets: Prepare a yearly budget that increases and challenges their revenues over the current year. Ensure healthy progress in the department and have profitability as its goal.
Credit and Collection: Ensure credit and collection policy compliance as well as routinely calling and collecting funds on past dues from customers
Strategy: Designs a local support structure to meet agreed strategy and goals. Gains agreement from Management for annual Strategy and Business Plan. Establishes operational procedures for all warehousing/distribution activities.
Sales: Have a comprehensive sales program that involves, proportionately, each person (including themselves) within the department to secure and maintain new customers. Presents product and attract potential customer attention. Achieve min 5 sales calls per week to potential customer and record them into System. Submits Sales and Activities Reports indicating sales calls planned and executed significant distribution activity during past week and plan for the next week to the Management. Creates a comprehensive sales program to secure and maintain new customers. Identifies needs and sells detailed and tailored services that provide value-added services to potential clients. Provides Scope and Rates. Follows the credit policy of the company.
Implement New Business: Help make hiring decision on all distribution/warehouse personnel. Creates a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Develops a local supplier/vendor base to ensure flexibility in service offerings. Submits all quotations for new accounts in draft Scope & Rates form along with pricing template to Approver prior to mailing the Scope & Rates to the client. Prepares and presents the Scope & Rates with terms and conditions to the client.
Operations: Be literate in all aspects of the Company’s businesses and operations including accounting, and the functions of company’s computer systems. Reviews records/reports for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures. Reviews records/reports to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies. Responsible for overall Distribution warehouse safety within the branch along side other managers. Implements vendor agreements with third party distribution centers as per OPS policy. Oversees all requests for warehouse
Customer Retention: Focus on customer service, sales and retention through sales calls. Creates tailored Quality Management Review for every customer in order to measure satisfaction. Handles customer complaints in order to identify and take corrective actions. Measures and improves profitability of the customer using a distribution and customer P&L.
Management: Completion and submission of required reports. Works on department budget and accounting. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Evaluates employee performance. Analyst and present PnL figures.
Training: The Distribution Manager is expected to address the training needs of the individuals within the department which includes fulfilling their personal growth goals as well as those of the Company. This training would adequately and suitably address all of the basic and fundamental issues of running the department, retaining customers, and eliminating errors.
- Degree Holder with minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of warehouse operations is necessary. A working knowledge of warehouse and transportation management systems is a must.
- Broad range of management skills is required, with a particular emphasis on leadership,supervision, motivation, communication, and planning. Must be able to give and receive innovative, creative and helpful feedback for team growth and productivity.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to interface and communicate effectively within the organization, with business units, throughout the company, and with partners across the supply chain.
- Strong team player with a firm, personal commitment towards the business and its customers.
- Value diversity and exhibit a leadership style that empowers, coaches, mentors, and fosters a cohesive team environment.
- Able to successful in manage effective deployment of resources, systems and personnel to enable achievement of organizational objectives.
- Extensive sourcing, negotiation and human relations skills are required.
- Aptitude for systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint
Deadline: 28th February 2017