Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Seeking energetic candidates looking to learn our business from the ground up. The intern will be mentored and coached by management in order to prepare them for the next opportunity in our logistics company.
Upon successful completion of the 6 months internship program, candidate will be working in the Warehouse Operation an additional 6 months. In those 12 months, candidate will become experienced in the handling of cargo lending to a solid foundation and career in International Logistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
¨ Pick and stage product for loading.
¨ Utilize warehouse tools for efficient handling of cargo.
¨ .Loading and unloading trucks in a safe and efficient manner in the warehouse
¨ Assist with the closing of airline ULD's for secure transport..
¨ Store product with cycle counting, space capacity and organization in mind.
¨ Responsible to assist in repacking cargo, banding and shrink wrapping pallets.
¨ Punctuality, professionalism, team player and an ability to interact well with clients and coworkers.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or recently graduated
- Excellent customer service skills and positive, professional attitude
- Commitment to a flexible work schedule of a minimum of 40hours per week ( Monday - Sunday)
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced
and time-sensitive work environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.