“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes:Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
- Interact with our approved service providers in arranging local and Domestic truck shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Network communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Ability to multi task, problem solve and respond rapidly
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Optimize all pick up and deliveries leveraging dedicated assets and local vendor resources to provide lowest cost model for service requested.
- In-market knowledge of traffic patterns, industrial parks in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Ability to cost out local moves - need to understand costs and be able to provide pricing
- Hours of operation from 06:00 in order for early truck dispatch.
- Knowledge of White glove moves, a plus.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401k Plan
- Training and Professional Development Program