“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- Manage an assigned territory and demonstrate extensive knowledge of potential customers and competitors in this area.
- Timely data entry in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Orchestrate customer / branch relationships and collaborate with regional Product, Service, Geo, and Knowledge Management resources.
- Participate in the creation of value-added solutions for customer’s logistics needs, including supporting diagrams and cost-benefit calculations.
- Support the transition of new accounts through customer introductions, information transfer, and securing any necessary customer paperwork. When needed, support AR (accounts receivable) collection.
- Attend training & development sessions to continue developing selling skills and updating Expeditors Product and Service knowledge.
- Involvement in local trade groups, as directed by the District Sales Manager.
- Take on additional assignments as required, supporting company needs.
- The ability to meet with customers off-site on a regular basis.
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work productively both individually and in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Comfortable with regular data entry on a laptop computer.
- Strong rapport and relationship-building focused.
- Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing conditions.
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive.
- Influences others to action.
- Timeliness and accountability for results.
All information provided by candidates will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Unsuccessful application will be destroyed in strict confidence upon completion of recruitment process.