Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ over 15.300 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 330 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
As a District Sales Executive, you will be
responsible for a designated territory in the Houston area. Regardless of
experience, you will be required to complete Expeditors product training and
thus be able to sell all of our services. You will be responsible for
prospecting, cold calling, and qualifying potential clients. In conjunction
with local management, you will also be responsible for proposing customized
logistic solutions to the customer, closing business, and involved in the
implementation and retention of business. You will be expected to meet
specific net revenue and sales call goals.
Major Duties and
- Manage and organize work efforts to exceed sales plan as
developed in conjunction with local management.
- Achieve sales goals through hands-on market planning, personal
sales execution and development of business relationships with key customers,
new business and retention.
- Maintain constant familiarization of product offerings and
- Research and maintain current information regarding:
oTop customers and their requirements
oSpecific solutions offered to customers
- Meet minimum monthly call counts.
- Prepare and distribute sales call summary reports.
- Orchestrate the sales process from start to finish.
The ideal candidate has both operational and
sales experience. Experience in both International and Domestic
Transportation is desired, but not required. Knowledge of the Houston area is
important. A demonstrated ability to self-manage and motivate is critical. You
must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral), have a
professional attitude and attire and be able to accept and exemplify
Expeditors' unique culture.
Compensation is based on experience. It will
consist of a base, car allowance and commission. The commission has no caps
or restrictions, and is paid every month based on net revenue.
What do we offer?
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program