“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals
in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors
satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through
customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight,
customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite
transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized
logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on
our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in
global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Create and process shipping and receiving documentation
Process inventory moves
Assist with clerical duties as needed. - reception and security included.
Confirm daily loads are on schedule
Constantly liaise with service providers in order to get updates relating to cargo handling,
delivery and distribution in assigned time frame.
Timely and accurately key all related data onto the company’s system .
Timely and accurately create all cargo-related reports and send to our customers .
Support other product teams in operations tasks when required
Assist warehouse team with personnel and manifest documentation as needed
Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous customer service experience
- History of excellent attendance practices
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, under high pressure and tight deadline
- Willing to put in extra hours, as required
- Well-organized, innovative, self-motivated
- Good problem solving skills
- Fully proficient with various software applications preferably with a base knowledge of inventory control.
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Health, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance provided - full premiums paid by Expeditors
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program