“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Custom files and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs Desk Level Operating Procedure and correctly interpret this information to fulfill our customer´s instructions and expectations.
- Transfer customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however equivalent combination of education and customer service experience will be considered
- Understanding of transportation documentation and terms is a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are critical
- Proficient computer skills- solid data entry with high accuracy rate, email, internet, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Fluent in English
- Desire for a career in supply chain/logistics
- Customs Brokerage Lead Agent, Supervisor and Manager
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
Relocation expense/support is not offered for this position.
This position is at our DTW/Detroit metro area location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.