“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business.” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
We are looking for a technology leader that will partner with us to change our world by delivering our systems faster, efficiently, and more reliably. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing Chef in a distributed environment to standardize and automate toolsets. You should have experience writing configuration files using Java (Ruby preferred) language and scripting, contributed to standards and best practices for utilizing source code management and common tool repositories and have a drive to define our practices and direction as we invest more heavily in automation.
We need you to be a go-getter who is constantly on the lookout for opportunities to improve our infrastructure. You should have a strong focus how the team can best serve our Development teams (aka customers) and ensure they have the tools required to build and test the applications that make us the best in our industry. You work well in a team environment and know how to work with your colleagues to bring out their best. In this role, you will lead teams by example to create self-service, fully automated build infrastructures that reduces friction in the development process and improves the quality of customer application portfolios
As an Architect, you are expert at providing technical leadership to teams, demonstrating devops-in-practice, and building and implementing complex continuous delivery tool chains. Most importantly, you are passionate about helping our customers learn to build awesome every day.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experienced technical leadership skills
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Power Shell, Ruby preferred)
- 2+ Years development experience in Java OR Ruby
- Experience with DevOps / Infrastructure as Code / Continous Improvement
- Ability to formulate a design strategy from a mix of business requirements, concept documents and verbal descriptions
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral, written, negotiation, motivation and presentation skills.
- Experience using excellent planning and organizational skills to understand the impacts of decisions and influence key stakeholders while minimizing conflict.
- Ability to balance big picture goals against short-term objectives to develop innovative solutions to complex issues
- Experience with Chef (cookbook creation, build pipeline, gems)
Expeditors offers competitive benefits to all full time employees including:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Position is full time – 40 hour work week Monday - Friday
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Key words: Logistics, Global Supply Chain, Chef, Git, Puppet, Spring, Configuration, Release, Build, Java, UNIX, Linux, Solaris