“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
Organic Growth – Expeditors promotes from within. As a shining example, our CEO started as an entry level employee in our San Francisco office 31 years ago.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position:
Ensure the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while providing an
exceptional customer service within the Air Import department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow.
Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
Track and trace Air Import files as required. This can be either internally via exp.o
or externally via airline websites or by telephone to airline offices.
Use Work Flow on daily basis
Ensure timely delivery of freight to customers for Import shipments.
- Ensure documents are timely sent to customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies,
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and
procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external
government regulations or customer’s policies / requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated in the
- Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures.
Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
- Attend training classes when required.
- Complete mandatory training when required.
- Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Understanding of air documentation process a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend,
effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- IATA certification (preferred)
Fluent in English.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- RRSP Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program