“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
To perform a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft surrounding air cargo shipments. Discover and stop emerging transportation security threats utilizing state of the art technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to perform various tasks such as: operation of x-ray machines, operation of trace detection machines, physical inspection of cargo and lifting and carrying freight (weighing up to 75 pounds).
- Responsible for identifying dangerous objects in cargo and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft with Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) equipment and visual and physical search.
- Continuously and effectively interact with various agents: cargo, airline, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs/Border Protection (CBP), giving instructions and responding to inquiries in a reasonable tone and manner.
- Maintain focus and awareness within an environment containing numerous distractions, people, and noise.
- Work within a demanding environment, which includes noise from alarms, machinery, people, distractions, time pressure and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life-threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under the Airport Police, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs/Border Protection (USCBP) Regulations. You will challenge any and all persons not displaying an Expeditors I.D. badge within an Expeditors warehouse or any Designated Screening Area (DSA).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR at least one year of full-time work experience in security work, aviation screener work, or x-ray technician work
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license (DMV print-out required)
- Must provide proof of the legal right to work in the United States such as: passport, birth certificate or work permit/visa.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Tolerate moderate to loud level of noise in work environment
- May be required to work in cold storage areas
- Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
- Demonstrate daily a fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
- May be required to work all of the following: irregular hours and/or shifts, including split-shifts; holidays and weekends; overtime; and extended hours.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Physical abilities(e.g. lifting and carrying freight weighing up to 75 lbs, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing and walking and identifying objects)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
- Comprehension of airway bill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead screener
- Ability to work as an effective team member
This job description is a summary of duties for which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.