“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
This is a 4 on 4 off shift. (Days)
The ideal candidate for this position must have strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Also required are excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven history of providing exceptional customer service at all levels.
Our work environment is team oriented and very fast paced, therefore a strong candidate must have excellent organizational skills, time management skills in addition to a professional attitude and attire that exemplifies the Expeditors culture.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and update shipment status in a timely manner; issue shipment alerts•Track and Trace Air Export shipments
- Prepare house and master air waybills
- Export document compliance
- Prepare commercial documents
- Process documents timely and accurately
- Complete shipment accounting timely and accurately
- Provide customer service to specific accounts
- Coordinate with our contracted vendors in procuring space and services
ELIGUIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK IS ESSENTIAL
Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Operations/Industry knowledge essential
Hazardous materials certified and IATA/FIATA a plus
Experience in AOG's
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.