DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services.Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting Career Opportunity for an Air Export Gateway Manager that will own and manage Air Gateway operations for our customers. This Leader will direct and coordinate the day to day operations, negotiate airline spot rates, schedule consolidations, manage vendors and overall support the Air Freight product in the US and Overseas while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Lead and Manage overall operations (route planning/capacity allocation) and performance of Air Export Gateway Team.
- Drive Procurement Strategy & Negotiations (Rate, Space & Capacity) for air cargo exports with Carriers out of ATL Gateway to ensure best buy rate. Contract management.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for our customers.
- Ensure optimization of network procurement and implementation of all consolidation opportunities
- Escalates local carrier performance issues to local suppliers to Key Account Manager’s and Carrier Management when required.
- Provide support to local AFR export (Operations, Aircraft Controlling Custodian, Customer Service) teams for costs, transit times, and routing options.
Skills / Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of Air Freight product, Gateway, & Warehouse Operations
- Minimum 6 years Air Freight / Warehouse operations experience with minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Strong Leadership & Management skills, ability to coach and develop staff (succession planning)
- Exceptional Communication and Presentation skills (Microsoft Office products)
- Strong business acumen and data mining/analytical skills
- Knowledge of the OAG & TACT rules and Export Regulations
- Dangerous Goods (DG) Certification (preferred)
- Bachelor Degree (preferred)
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
401K plan with a match
Employee Discount plan
Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading Logistics Company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.