Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ over 15,300 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 331 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Scope of Position
Develop, maintain, lead and measure Expeditors’ product and service deliverables to satisfy the specific needs of a Corporate Account(s).
Continually seek opportunities for service enhancement and improved tactical management. Increase our share of customer business on an annual basis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Account retention, Strategic responsibilities:
- Continually seek improvement in procedures and services to create more efficient and
cost effective operations.
- Continually search for and implement cost savings within Expeditors (whether through
efficiencies or hard cost savings).
- Design and manage QMR process with account input. Maintain and participate in
scheduled QMRs locally.
- Manage schedule of global QMRs when applicable. Consolidate data from global QMRs.
- Involve Branch Managers or Key Department Managers in the QMR process.
- Facilitate communication amongst all key contacts and all related Expeditors
- Facilitate cooperation and positive working relationship with 3rd party vendors
- Communicate technology updates and tools proactively.
Account retention, Tactical responsibilities:
- Maintain all account rates and tariffs.
- Keep rates fresh and manage yields on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate RFQs and rate requests.
- Ensure the branches file ATS and advise TLI number.
- Distribute rate information as needed within the Expeditors network timely.
- Provide clear instructions on operational requirements so that branches can construct their DLSOPs.
- Ensure branches are maintaining / updating DLSOPs.
- Make sure all Expeditors branches are aware of account key contacts in their location.
- Email distribution backed with quarterly conference calls are the preferred method.
- Assist and support all Expeditors in-house operations representatives based at the Corporate Account.
- Establish and direct all reports required to evaluate Expeditors performance.
- Establish target performance metrics with the account.
- Ensure that a functioning and agreed upon invoicing - payment process is in place. Make sure this is included in the DLSOP.
- If a third party payment center is involved, ensure process flow and contacts for escalation is in place in DLSOP.
- Assist with collections on past dues over 30 days.
- Provide assistance in resolution of regional claims and disputes.
- Set up Management reports to ensure global consistency and data integrity.
Account development, Strategic responsibilities:
- Continually search for and implement cost savings for your client by improving processes and eliminating waste.
- Establish, maintain and review account objectives through the use of an annual business plan reviewed quarterly with Corporate Sponsor and key personnel.
- Identify opportunities and keep Teamsell updated accordingly.
- Be dedicated to the success of Expeditors and the program using ethical business practices, personal commitment, passion & sacrifice, and an obsession with the fundamental details of running the business.
Account development, Tactical responsibilities:
- Travel when necessary within region to branch offices, customer field offices, and account customers to resolve issues, review branch operating procedures, and maintain customer information and satisfaction. International travel as required.
- Update key customer contacts with industry information through newsflashes, insights and global news that directly affect them.
- Maintain lines of communication with all key contacts – locally, regionally or internationally – as needed within account’s organization.
- Maintain a thorough client organizational chart with all key contacts showing responsibilities and role (i.e.; decision maker, influencer, advocate, coach)
- Ensure advanced notice of service irregularities.
Requirements-Skills, Education, Experience:
University / College degree or equivalent business qualifications.
Ability to define, develop and document business processes and procedures.
Excellent PC skills including word processing, presentation and spread sheet programs.
Demonstrated customer service skills, project management skills, problem-solving skills, and proven interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Employee Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program